Age Group Camp
- This Camp is for competitive swimmers who can swim the four competitive strokes. To meet NCAA Legislative requirements, it must be noted that this camp is open to all entrants who meet age, grade level and gender requirements for camp participation.
- Your registration packet will include a medical form and additional information.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided at campus eating centers. Commuter campers will be served lunch only Monday-Wednesday.
- Resident campers, who will be staying in campus housing, may bring clean linens, blankets and pillows if desired. Standard linens will be provided.
- Full 24 hour supervision.
- Planned extra-curricular activities.
- Daily Dryland and Flexibility Exercises.
- Please do not make final travel arrangements until camp confirmation has been received.
- Space is limited, REGISTER EARLY!
June 9-13, 2019
June 16-20, 2019
June 23-27, 2019
Ages: 8 - 17 (minimum resident age: 10)
Age Group Resident: $635.00
Age Group Commuter (9am - 4:45pm): $415.00
- Two Water Training sessions per day, focusing on stroke mechanics, drills, starts, turns and finishes
- World Class Aquatic Facility.
- Camp T-shirt and swim cap.
- Training Camp option for more emphasis on training.
Stroke Analysis Option
The Stroke Analysis Option will include video and Stroke Analysis Voice Over and will include all four strokes. This Video will be uploaded to a secure website for private viewing by the Camper and shared only at the Camper's discretion. Campers must check the appropriate box on the Camp Application Form indicating they would like this option in order to receive this service.
Resident campers will check-in between 2-4 pm at the Residents Hall.
Commuters will check-in at 5 pm at the Aquatic Center. They need to be picked up at 8:30 pm. Food will not be available for commuters on Sunday.
Typical Daily Schedule (Sample schedule for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
7:30 am: Wake up & Breakfast
8:50 am: Commuters need to arrive
9:00 am: Stroke Talk
10:00 am: Morning Swim Session – Stroke Work
12:00 noon: Lunch and Rest
2:30 pm: Dryland and Flexibility Exercises
3:00 pm: Afternoon Swim Session
4:45 pm: Commuters need to be picked up
5:30 pm: Dinner and rest
7:00 pm: Evening Activities
10:00 pm: Lights out
We will run a camp meet which will start around 10 am. All Campers will check out after the meet, around noon.
The Minnesota Swim Camps will contract the services of numerous current and former University of Minnesota Student Athletes to supervise, counsel, teach and coach our camp attendees. These athletes have competed at the highest level in the sport of swimming, and they are eager to share their experiences and knowledge with the Minnesota Swim Camp camper!
- All application forms require a $100.00 non refundable deposit.
- Camp confirmation and additional registration materials sent upon receipt of application and deposit.
- Application deadline & balance due – May 4, 2019.
- Cancellation Policy: Deposit is non-refundable. No refunds of any kind 2 weeks prior to start of the camp session assigned.
- Any child (limited to one child in one age group camp per year) of a current full time employee of the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center shall receive a 50% discount to attend that age group camp.
We encourage online registration. However, if not registering online, make checks payable and send to:
Minnesota Swim Camp, LLC
P.O. Box 14496
Minneapolis, MN 55414