Age Group Camp
- This Camp is for competitive swimmers who can swim the four competitive strokes. To meet NCAA Legislative requirements, it must be noted that this camp is open to all entrants who meet age, grade level and gender requirements for camp participation.
- Your registration packet will include a medical form and additional information.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided at campus eating centers. Day (commuter) campers will be served lunch only.
- Resident campers, who will be staying in campus housing, may bring clean linens, blankets and pillows if desired. Standard linens will be provided.
- Full 24 hour supervision.
- Planned extra-curricular activities.
- Daily Dryland and Flexibility Exercises.
- Please do not make final travel arrangements until camp confirmation has been received.
- Space is limited, REGISTER EARLY!
June 3-7, 2018
June 10-14, 2018
June 17-21, 2018
June 24-28, 2018
Ages: 8 - 17 (minimum resident age: 10)
Age Group Resident: $635.00
Age Group Commuter (9am - 4:45pm): $405.00
- Two Water Training sessions per day, focusing on stroke mechanics, drills, starts, turns and finishes
- World Class Aquatic Facility.
- Camp T-shirt and swim cap.
- Daily Performance Enhancement Talks that include: Sports Psychology, Sports Nutrition, Training Philosophy, Training Physiology.
- Training Camp option for more emphasis on training.
We at the Minnesota Swim Camps believe foremost in good technique and fundamentals. We would like to utilize one of the finest technique products available, the front-mounted snorkel. The timing of the breath and the twisting of the body while taking a breath are both distracting and destructive when learning proper body balance. By using the front-mounted snorkel during a series of drills, the swimmer is free to focus on specific rehearsal points. The snorkel is highly recommended at camp, but optional. Campers with snorkels will utilize them during both technique and training sessions. Swimmers without snorkels will complete the same drills breathing to the side. If you are interested in purchasing a snorkel, please mark the appropriate box on the application and add $35 to your initial deposit.
Stroke Analysis Option
The Stroke Analysis Option will include video and Stroke Analysis Voice Over and will include all four strokes. This Video will be uploaded to a secure website for private viewing by the Camper and shared only at the Camper's discretion. Campers must check the appropriate box on the Camp Application Form indicating they would like this option in order to receive this service.
Typical Daily Schedule (Sample schedule for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
7:30 am: Wake up & Breakfast
9:00 am: Stroke Talk
10:00 am: Morning Swim Session – Stroke Work
12:00 noon: Lunch and Rest
2:30 pm: Dryland and Flexibility Exercises
3:00 pm: Afternoon Swim Session
5:30 pm: Dinner and rest
7:00 pm: Evening Activities
10:00 pm: Lights out
The Minnesota Swim Camps will contract the services of numerous current and former University of Minnesota Student Athletes to supervise, counsel, teach and coach our camp attendees. These athletes have competed at the highest level in the sport of swimming, and they are eager to share their experiences and knowledge with the Minnesota Swim Camp camper!
- All application forms require a $100.00 nonrefundable deposit.
- Camp confirmation and additional registration materials sent upon receipt of application and deposit.
- Application deadline & balance due – May 4, 2018.
- Cancellation Policy: Deposit is non-refundable. No refunds of any kind 2 weeks prior to start of the camp session assigned.
- Any child (limited to one child in one age group camp per year) of a current full time employee of the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center shall receive a 50% discount to attend that age group camp.
We encourage online registration. However, if not registering online, make checks payable and send to:
Minnesota Swim Camp, LLC
P.O. Box 14496
Minneapolis, MN 55414